About the Blog

My blog post are of varied topics ranging from personal experiences, travel, wild life photographs, interesting news, of happenings around the world that catches my fancy. In other words i write about anything when i am in a mood to write

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rajesh Khanna ..!!!


My idol of growing years…Rajesh Khanna passed on today morning.Thinking back he has personified in most of my fantasies in my teens and I still remember to this day when I liked a girl while I was in my 7th class and the songs I used sing on seeing her “ Ooh meri sapno ki rani kab ayegi tu” or “ roop tera mastana” both from Aradhana….the movie that propelled Rajesh Khanna to instant stardom overnight. I have hardly missed any of his movies from 1968 to 1975 and even after that I have seen most of his movies and each time I used to fantasize of having bevy of beautiful women at my beck and call…poof…dreams but then who did not have such dreams at that young age of 11 to 17 years. Songs from almost all of Rajesh Khanna’s movies sung by mostly Kishore Kumar ruled the roost throughout the entire tenure of my school and the college days in addition to Deep Purple, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Queen and others. It was a memorable journey of my life and I really need to acknowledge the influence of Rajesh Khanna in it….if I do not do that then I am lying to myself. Romanticism used to ooze out of him and we guys would try to imitate him those day… a slight tilt of head, a sensual smile and finally the romantic song!!! RIP Rajesh Khanna and may your soul rest in peace. I leave you with an apt song from one of his movie Namak Haram.

Even to this days when ever i listen to a song from any of his movies involuntarily i start humming the same. I am sure most persons from that era would say that inspite of having greats like Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Raj Kapoor the emotions evoked by Jitin Khanna... sorry Rajesh Khanna was even greater.

Thank you once again for having entertained us during my formative years Rajesh Khanna !!!!

10 comments:

  1. he was a great actor...may his soul rest in peace ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah TTT...only actor to give 15 consecutive mega hits !!!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Early 80's, was when I remember watching his movies. It was decline already, new crop of heroes we started idolizing...

    RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah new lot of actors like Jackie Sharoff,Anil Kapoor, Amir Khan ,Salman Khan were being idolised then !!!

      Delete
  3. A good actor... May his soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written. Who would not have been influenced by the charm of Rajesh Khanna? He had mesmerized movie watchers those days and kept them enthralled with his charisma and soft romanticism. I remember watching his movies in my childhood and they are refreshing and soothing memories that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we all want to go back to that era and the only way we can do this is by watching those timeless movies. thankfully, that era is captured in the form of movies along with superstars like Rajesh Khanna. may his soul rest in peace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Deb for your comments !!! RIP Rajesh Khanna

      Delete