About the Blog

My blog post are of varied topics ranging from personal experiences, travel, wild life photographs, interesting news, of happenings around the world that catches my fancy. In other words i write about anything when i am in a mood to write

Monday, December 26, 2011

The past in the present


"There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in." - Seth

A person goes through lots of experiences while growing up and certain statements made by people around you is ingrained in your subconscious mind and does play a very important part in your entire life span. Messages like “Money does not grow on trees”,” Don’t be a Jack of all trades for he is a master of none”, ‘Never steal or tell lies”, Early to bed and early rise makes one  healthy wealthy and wise” or “you need to be pious and religious” and so forth. Have we at any point of time pondered about these statement or phrases at the present times.

Frankly I have always considered these statements as unwanted lecture being given by adults while I was young and at times I have been irked by these since it used to curtail our playing time or for the matter of fact a new toy not being bought. Looking back now I understand the wisdom imparted to us at a gullible age and knowingly or sub consciously has molded our very growth to what we are today. I thank each and every adults who have contributed in instilling these beliefs in me.

Today as a parent when I impart similar belief and thoughts to my children I see a similar reaction in them to what I used to feel when I was young and yet I keep repeating the same things over and over again so that these beliefs are ingrained in their minds forever. 

As long as mankind is there in this universe this would keep on repeating with each coming generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment