About the Blog

My blog post are of varied topics ranging from personal experiences, travel, wild life photographs, interesting news, of happenings around the world that catches my fancy. In other words i write about anything when i am in a mood to write

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Toxic Relationships



With all the time in the world to write regularly I still am unable to pen down a decent passage for over a year and half. So I decided that I would write down write down tit bits of  instances happening around me however silly it may seem so that I get into the stride of writing regularly just to thwart the sense of uselessness that keeps invading my thoughts. Circumstance makes me write about relationships....there is always an element of give and take in a relationship to be fruitful but when it is one sided it leads to quite a bitter, painful and a toxic one


Image Courtesy Google Images
Having said that yesterday afternoon I woke up to a loud noise of my elder daughter crying uncontrollably over the phone with her boy friend. She was begging him for his affection and love. This went on for over a hour and finally she threw down the phone with a bang , still crying out loudly. Me as a father could not bear seeing her crying and both me and my wife tried consoling and reasoning with our daughter that it is not right for her to beg for love and affection and the relationship which has such instances cannot be good for her and she is giving chances of being exploited and abused. Well this is not the first time it has happened and such incidents are quite frequent and it does take a toll on my daughter’s mental health. I have advised my daughter to put end to this relationship as it seems to bring only misery to her but then she is not willing to let go of the same. In the present age of women empowerment I find it odd for a woman to beg for affection and love and the boy totally not interested and wants to end the relationship. Both I and my wife explained to our daughter that her actions would only lead to her exploitation and possibly domestic violence if the relationship turns to marrying him and hence it would be better for her curtail this relationship. We even suggested that she stop talking to him for some time and wait for him to realise her importance and he initiate the contact. If not forget about this person for he is not worth crying over. Well she has promised to do follow our suggestions and i sincerely hope that she overcomes her affection of the worthless person.

Being a parent of girl children is quite terrifying indeed since the mind is laced with worries of the children’s future. We have never imposed our thoughts or wants on both our daughters but have explained that the choices they make in life should be able to give them a good life and family. We have supported both our daughters in their choice of education and have not imposed any restrictions on their choice of their life partners in the event of a marriage. 

Now I can just wait, for only time can tell if my daughter will be able to follow the advice given by us and be free of the toxic relationship thereby be happy in her life!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see that you have never imposed your thoughts on your children. Yet, you are so compassionate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your message. Well the days of imposition is long gone with so much of exposure available to children these days. During my times i had to study engineering because it is what my father wanted me to study..got married to the girl selected by my parents and so forth.

      Delete
  2. Since one did any one pay any heed to the advise offered. Had been like that so much of suffering would not have been there. We all sail in the same boat sometime of the other. Our mistakes are our best teacher's, Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. True our mistakes are our best teacher ..but then i am trying to ensure that my daughter does not make a mistake. :)

    ReplyDelete